Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Reality About Rape.

This is a personal topic for me, but one that I can no longer run or hide from.
Point blank it is painful to talk about, to think about or even share but it needs
to be. When I was fourteen I was attacked, at a gathering with friends. I should
not have gone, should have stayed home. For years I blamed myself for the
horrible incident. But did not start placing the blame where it really belonged
for many years and after much therapy. Why? Because that is the way our
society sadly works. It is much easier to assume it is the females fault.

What were you wearing?
Did you entice him?
Get him worked up before saying no?
Are you promiscous?
We are going to need to know these things so they won't come up when you testify...

Things like this made even me a former tom boy who was not out there being sexually active shy away from turning my attacker in.

Now I read an article where an officer of the law attacked women using his ability to pull them over.
And I am constantly reminded of the twisted society we live in. Because this scumbag picked
women who were junkies or poor, the specter of doubt looms over people. Thirteen women all the sudden decided to lie against one poor ole cop right?  Not to mention they talk about how a former high school all star footballer could never be a rapist. Not to mention he is a cop right? Fuck that noise.

Just like Bill Cosby
Just like Jared Fogel
Just like Stephen  Collins

Stop trying to put a face on a rapist, stop trying to act like some can be "too saintly" too good too rich too this or that. Don't you know when you perpetuate this fucking mentality it makes it easier for these predators to act? Stop making victims feel like its our faults for these degenerates. Using statements like "they are just out to get him, or get paid." Fuck you, if I had the choice between suing my attacker and having the incident never happen, you can damn well be sure id pick having it never happen. The damage mental and physical will always be with me. As I am sure the women/children and yes even men who all over the world have gone through this can attest to.

So please for the love of anything open your eyes, rapists do not carry a look, they don't wear a brand they come from all walks of life all income and social levels and trying to lump them into a look or profile does a disservice to us all.

More thoughts to come

No comments:

Post a Comment