Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The tragedy of stagnation

Evolution is such a grand notion.
You would think in the centuries,
man has inhabited this Earth that 
eventually we would push pass
this insatiable need to cause violence
and harm to one and other.
Yet when you turn on your devices,
read or watch your news feed.
The lack of true evolution is 
crammed down our throats.
Lets face it, we don't want to change.
We want to justify violent urges,
shootings, war, rapes all of it 
as human nature...

Well I am a human to, and it
troubles and sickens me when 
I hear the constant justification 
for horrors.
Words like "collateral damage."
It shakes me to my very core 
that anyone could think innocent 
lives lost is a necessary evil.  

But that is the world we have created.
Where people justify the loss of life with
"That is just the way it is."  Or
"They attacked first..."
Any talks of peace are met with,
"then we look like a bunch of pussies."
When our government sends our men and
women to war, they are wrong.
When they do not act quickly or 
violently enough they are weak.

This is such a troubling 
thought process yet so very
prevalent in this day and age.
Every thing seems to be catered to,
centered around and seduced by 
a need for might and violence.
I often wonder if anyone truly 
ever considers the alternative anymore?
And I am disheartened at the answer
I have inwardly.


More thoughts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment