Monday, October 12, 2015

The power of knowing your own worth.



I have learned to stop seeking validation,
from a very invalid world. To stop seeking
others approval at the expense
of my own self value.

I used to wound myself up trying 
to be what others expected of me. 
I used to hide my true self because of 
fear I would not be understood.
As I grow older, I have come to realize I
don't need anyone else to love and accept
who I am. And that is when I took true power
over my life.

I have my quirks, my flaws, my serious issues.
All I handle with grace and serenity.
I have learned that I cannot stop being
who I am to please others, especially since
they only get to know a fake me and come to expect that.
I cannot force people to understand me nor do I need
them to. But what I can do is stop letting
others who seek to mold, change or make  me
feel bad for being who I am into my world.

You see I am not a true open book, most people
who think they know me only see what I allow.
I used to think being this guarded was apart
of my illness. Now I know its a way to seek
beings who will appreciate the real me.
That number is not great but it does not need
to be. Self value is something no one can
take from you once you have it. Your eyes open
you see that those who come at you with
constant negative only wish to be where you are.
 
Don't let them steal your shine.
True freedom comes when you
let your true you shine despite
what anyone else thinks of it.

As I raise my child I realize that he to is
different, magical, special and makes my world
whole. In life he to will deal with negative types
he has already in his young life which used to
chafe me. But now I know what I know and I
can give him his own armor as well. The armor
of self value. No one else has to see his worth
as long as he does. And people who seek to hurt
him are probably hurting or twisted and thus
not worth the time or effort to be upset over.
With this I will teach him early on to have his
own power and not go threw the trials of my path.

Yes long ago I let myself be led, now I lead my
own destination. Where will it lead me?
Somewhere peaceful you can bet on that.

More thoughts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment